Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day and I celebrated with several dozen of my fellow food bloggers.
We each made our own perfect version of cheesecake and my Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake was definitely my ideal. But whenever I have a killer dessert, I start to wonder if I can turn it into a killer cocktail.
Ultimately, the basis of any cheesecake, baked or otherwise, is cheese and it happily works well in liquid form. The graham cracker rim is important here because a bite of that followed by a sip of the drink and you’re in cheesecake heaven.
Seriously, I needed someone to take this drink away from me and keep me from making a couple more. Cheers!
- 2 Graham crackers, coarsely crushed
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- 2 oz. Vanilla ice cream (plus 1 teaspoon for rimming)
- 1 1/2 oz. Vanilla vodka
- 1 oz. Simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. Buttershots (butterscotch schnapps)
- 1/4 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Tiny pinch of salt
- Run the rim of a cocktail glass through the teaspoon of ice cream to get it wet.
- Add the crushed graham crackers to a shallow bowl and dip the moistened rim of the glass into the crackers.
- Place in the freezer for a few minutes to set.
- Combine the cream cheese, ice cream, vodka, simple syrup, buttershots, lemon juice and salt with either a hand mixer or a small food processor.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker, fill with ice, shake vigorously and pour into the prepared glass.