The temperature has finally fallen a bit around here. Still warm but no longer hot. The summer fruits are disappearing, replaced by lovely apples and pears and figs! Yay for figs.
They have such a short growing season from late summer into early fall and are almost gone already.
I’ve been taking advantage of their short time in the market and making Yogurt Fig Cake and Fig Salad but a fig cocktail? Oh, yes, indeed.
They lend a sweet but subtle flavor that goes well with almost any liquor but somehow, the warmth of bourbon seemed the perfect choice. Cheers!
- 2 Fresh figs
- 1 1/2 oz. Bourbon
- 1/2 oz. Lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple syrup
- 2 oz. Club soda
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Place the figs in a cocktail shaker with the bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters.
- Muddle together using a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Fill with ice and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass and top with the club soda.
- Garnish with a slice of fresh fig, if desired.